CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why Being Mom is Worth It

Today I had the most rewarding moment as a mom. Madeleine had a pretty good day - she played a lot, she got herself in the crawling position, and she took 2 naps (that right there is a good moment). However, she also didn't want to eat dinner (for the second night in a row), she made herself gag when she didn't like her turkey baby food, and she peed on the floor when I was getting her ready for her bath.

I got her ready for bed and she was fussy as usual, not really wanting to go to bed. She started crying in her crib, so I picked her up and rocked her in the chair in her room. She finally began to calm down. Just as she was drifting off to dreamland, she lifted her head from my shoulder, looked at me directly in the eye, moved in to my face, and deliberately gave me a wet kiss. She then put her head back on my shoulder and went right to sleep.

That is what makes poopy diapers, peeing on the floor, and temper tantrums in the grocery store all worthwhile.

0 comments: