CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lights on Broadway 2008

So I know it was two weeks ago, but we have been a little busy moving into our new house and all, but Jason and I were involved in our stake production of a musical revue called "Lights on Broadway". Most people would think a church production would be amateurish at best, but not in Irvine! We had quite a professional production. I was fortunate enough to be the assistant musical director for the production and appear in 7 musical numbers! It was nice to perform again since I have not done a whole lot since having Madeleine. I got to sing a great solo "Everybody Says Don't" - a Sondheim favorite. I also got to sing with 6 other amazing women the Bernstein tune "I Can Cook Too" - and awesome 40's/50's swing number. The highlight was Jason and I on stage opposite each other in as Gaston and Belle in "Me" from "Beauty and the Beast". We have not played opposite each other in over 3 years. Although it was only a 3 minute song, we had a blast. I loved it especially because I got to do something I would never ordinarily do - play Belle. That role is my sister's department.

The show is not going to Broadway, but there is something special about performing with your fellow brothers and sisters in the church. It brings you so much closer together in such a fun activity. I will miss the Irvine Stake because of this. But I have been assured that Jason and I are invited as Irvine Stake alumni artists in the next Lights on Broadway production. I can't wait!

Picture from the OC Register of me and Leilani Sofuia and Bridgette Briggs singing "I Can Cook Too"


Jason and I posing for "Me" from Beauty and the Beast


Me singing "Everybody Says Don't" from the backstage viewpoint.


Backstage pictures of our Irvine Stake peeps

Miller family - Amber, Marin, Nicole, and Ben


Katie Luther and Bridgette Briggs


Music Man Barbershop Quartet - Ben Morgen, Bruce Loosli, Mark Mortensen, Glenn Patchell


"I Can Cook Too" Girls - Bridgette, Leilani, Jen, Heidi, and Jolie


The men singing "Into the Fire" as pirates (for you musical theater geeks...I know there shouldn't be pirates, but pirate costumes are cheaper than 18th century ones.)


Sandi Burgess and Lesley Stout


The Dancing Queens? - Nicole Miller, Jen Izu and Luci Ainsworth


Dreamgirls Kari Goodman and Andrea Robertson


Angela and Eddie Villa, our "go to Mimi's Cafe after the show friends"

Our fearless leaders Linda Simmons and Sandi Burgess


We have so many more friends not pictured here. Just know that we love you and had a fabulous time performing with you!

1 comments:

Miss Darling said...

what?! i had no idea you were doing this! how fun! i hope to catch a video or something :)